Lead Engineer, Users Directory
Published by Auth0
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
Users Directory is a new team at the core of Auth0. It owns the services required to access and store users data; it resides at the heart of our authentication systems.
We are looking for a highly passionate, technically strong person that wants to build a team to work on the next generation of users storage and services at Auth0. This is a role that is ~50% management and ~50% technical. Leading this team will allow you to learn and put in practice concepts related to security, privacy, data structures, databases and building reliable services, while also being responsible for hiring and growing team members.
You will often work with other teams both within the Engineering organization and outside of it, in order to get a better understanding of customer needs and the impact of changes you perform.
You will be leading this team. This means:
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to implement new features, APIs, improvements and fixes to handle our current and future scale
- Helping the people on the team grow
- Being responsible for hiring new people to join the team
- Providing context so team members can perform specific tasks
- Being part of the team's on-call rotation
- Hire and grow engineers on your team
- Collaborate with our support team as the last level of escalation for tickets
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Would do a great job leading a remote team between GMT -3 and GMT -8 time zones
- Are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable
- Enjoy being part of a highly-collaborative, remote-first environment
- Always strive to learn and are interested in improving your knowledge in topics related to security, reliability, scale, performance and privacy
- Have experience running databases at scale
- You are a great communicator
- You love customers
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.Apply for this job