Managed Services Engineer - APAC
Published by Auth0
Auth0 provides an enterprise-grade platform that secures billions of log-ins every year. The company makes it easy to implement even the most complex identity solutions for their web, mobile, IoT and internal applications, as well as sophisticated identity management for employees, customers and partners. Auth0 has raised over $54 million from Meritech Capital, NTT DoCoMo, Trinity Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, K9 Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Founders Co-Op, Portland Seed Fund and NXTP Labs. Thousands of enterprises and millions of users worldwide depend on Auth0 for authentication and authorization of their most mission-critical apps, APIs and IoT devices. Auth0’s top priorities are availability and security.
The Managed Service Engineer is an Engineering role responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, monitoring, designing and building automation tools and maintenance of the system stack related to the Auth0 Private SaaS. The successful candidate for this position will be the person responsible for customer production, development and test infrastructure administration across several geographic locations where they are located. The candidate should have a broad infrastructure, systems, security, operations, scripting and automation skills. This role can be located anywhere in APAC timezone.
- Executes solution deployment, operations (including updating/patching and other maintenance activities), incident and problem management of Appliances customers
- Monitors health of PSaaS, tunes performance, provides advice to customer for better operation, takes steps to alleviate issues
- Performs capacity planning, performance and scalability testings.
- Escalation point for PSaaS support issues requiring escalation from support team
- Provides documentation around Operation
- Interface back to the PSaaS Engineering team to report core issues, required improvements, new feature requests
- General platform infrastructure knowledge, including high availability / load balancing concepts and technologies, routers, firewalls, storage subsystems
- Professional work experience with protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SSH, etc. and Linux operating system Ubuntu.
- Ability to use a variety of open source technologies and tools like MongoDB, NodeJS, and NGINX; ElasticSearch is a plus.
- Ability to code and script, experience with systems and IT operations (Ubuntu Linux, bash scripts)
- Familiarity of automation tools
- Experience with monitoring, troubleshooting techniques, problem management, root cause analysis
- A strong focus on business outcomes, comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to set expectations and communicate goals and objectives with customers and teammates
- Ability to delegate responsibilities, assign special tasks and projects, identify new opportunities for process improvement;
- Possess outstanding decision making and analytical skills
- Serve as a coach, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for customers and support representatives
- Multi tasking and Time Management Skills
Auth0 values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply for this job